The Program provides opportunities for individuals to enrich their lives and the lives of those who benefit from their support.
People become involved:
- To use their skills and experiences in serving others
- To explore their own strengths
- To fulfill their goals
- To support an organization that personally affected them or someone they knew
- Because their friends volunteer
- Childcare Providers - while parent is on site
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Special Project Volunteers - volunteers are requested from time to time to update binders, package videos or package conference materials
MEALS ON WHEELS
Provides meals to individuals during times when meal preparation is unmanageable.
- Meals are available Monday - Friday in some communities
- Cost recovery for meal
- Elderly or frail
- Convalescing or ill
- Disability or mobility problems
- Vision problems
- Shopping difficulties
Get involved!! There are many ways you can contribute to your community - volunteer! Deliver meals on wheels, baby-sit, read to a senior... the possibilities are endless.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Many of these programs are offered in conjunction with other agencies in your community.
If you do not find the information that you are looking for on this web page or would like further details or referral information, please contact our office.
Volunteer Services/Meals on Wheels Coordinator: (403) 345-3000 or 1-866-345-8800
"Ultimately, it is through serving others that we become fully human." - Marsha Sinetar