SERVICE INFORMATION SHEET - Counselling Program
For Counselling services please contact your local FCSS office.
Professional counselling services are offered in an effort to strengthen and support individuals, families and communities. We provide these services to people experiencing stress or difficulties and for those who want to improve their lives.
Our goal is to reduce family and social breakdown. We encourage and facilitate personal awareness, growth and emotional well-being through education and group activities.
- Pre-marriage preparation
- Conflict resolution
- Communication skills
- Enrichment/growth presentations
- Marriage mentoring
- Date night/marriage celebrations
- Stress reduction
- Self esteem
- Problem solving skills
- Grief and loss
- Early intervention in depression, anxiety and anger problems
- Coping strategies
- Blended/stepfamily issues
- Parent/child conflict
- Family violence prevention
- Extended family interactions
- Father’s Program
- Divorce and separation
- Intergenerational concerns
- Support groups can be organized around specific issues
- Informational/educational presentations on personal relationships and family living are available
INFORMATION AND REFERRAL
- A wide variety of family support services are available
- Consultations and referrals to community resources
With support from Provincial & Municipal governments, all services are available at minimal or no charge to residents.